- Prevent the creation of custom calendars without any months.
- Quests can now have a due date and are shown on the timeline.
- Campaigns now have a "current date", which is shown in the timeline and is used in combination with a quest's due date to show an overdue warning.
- Added more icons to choose from.
- Calendars can now contain yearly repeating events, like holidays, which are now shown in the timeline.
- Multiple entries with the same date are now grouped into the timeline.
- Characters can now have an icon assigned to them, which can be used to show certain states, likes dead, missing, thief, quest target, etc.
- The web app has been migrated from Svelte to SvelteKit, which uses Server Side Rendering. This should massively speed up initial page loads.
- The backend has been rewritten from scratch: instead of using Firebase's Firestore, a custom backend written in Python is now powering Critical Notes.
- All relations are now many-to-many: a character can now belong to multiple locations and factions for example.
- You can now create links to quests inside of text, just like you can for characters, factions and locations.
- Fixed a bug where if you viewed a public campaign, you couldn't then join or create a campaign yourself,
wrongly saying you reached your campaign limit as a non-subscriber.
- A new tab "Factions" has been added. This is the perfect place to organize your characters into factions, families, organizations, guilds, gangs, brotherhoods, adventuring parties, etc etc. This makes it possible to link a character to both a faction and a location.
- Added more icons to choose from when creating a Location or a Faction, with a search field as well to more easily find the right icon.
- Added a new page showing off featured public campaigns.
- There is now a new simpler way of managing which characters are linked to locations and to factions, via the "manage characters" link.
- Any piece of content can now be hidden from players by the DM. This is great to, for example, prepare NPCs and locations in advance.
- Yearly subscriptions have been reduced in price from $39.99 to $29.99.
- A brand new design! Critical Notes now uses a three-column layout with sidebars that scroll separarely from the rest of the content, and buttons to create new content that are consistently placed and accessible without first scrolling to the bottom of a long list.
- User avatars and character avatars can now be removed: hover over the avatar in the edit form, and a delete icon will appear.
- Avatars can now be re-framed as well, to better fit the circle. No more weird headless avatars!
- The timeline is now easier to navigate thanks to a new sidebar, which includes a much needed button to jump to the last entry.
- After you login, you are now taken to your campaigns instead of the CN homepage.
- You can now delete your user account if you so wish.
- Did you know that you can press the + key to open the Create sheet on almost any page? If not, you're not alone, which is why from now on a small hint is shown on the Create sheets, until you use the keyboard shortcut.
- Finally, search fields have been added to characters and locations.
- You can also search for characters and locations in the pickers belonging to big text fields in edit sheets, as well as quickly create new ones without switching tabs.
- All search fields have a handy shortcut: when only one result is shown, pressing enter will select that item.
- Two keyboard shortcuts have been added to the big text fields: press @ to open the character picker, or ^ to open the location picker.
- The character and location pickers can now be closed by pressing the Escape key, without it closing the entire sheet.
- Public campaigns can now be viewed by anyone who has the link to the campaign.
- You can now create campaigns with a fully custom calendar. So if you use a campaign that isn't using one of the calendar systems provided by Critical Notes, no problem!
- Fixed the button to edit your active subscription, within the Edit Profile sheet. It wasn't showing up when you did have a subscription.
- Huge improvements were made to make the website work better on mobile phone screens. Data entry is still a bit problematic on mobile phones, but it should be pretty much flawless to read all content.
- The location list now can now be expanded and collapsed. This really helps when you have a lot of (nested) locations.
- You can now choose a custom icon for every location. Over 150 icons are provided, so there's plenty of choice.
- Subscribers can now upload image attachments to Locations. Since the hosting of images isn't free, it's only available for subscribers.
- Improved the invite code flow: you can now share invite links, which when openened prefill the invite code into the form.
- Added DM-only notes to Characters, Locations and Quests. This is a subscribers-only feature.
- Disabled the "click background to close sheet" behavior because it was too easy to accidentally close the sheet, and a lack of auto-save feature meant you lost all changes. You now need to close sheets using the close button in the top left.